Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sarah Palin Your Not A Hockey Mom!

I now the election is over, and hopefully we'll never see Sarah Palin again but there are still somethings that need to be resolved. Sarah Palin you are not a hockey mom. First let me say, I'm a hockey player, and a Canadian by birth, so there are my credentials to weigh in on this topic. You know how I know Sarah Palin isn't a hockey mom? Its because she doesn't even know what a hockey mom is. A hockey mom/dad is not the same as a soccer mom/dad there is a big difference in correlation. You see a soccer parent is one who loads up the minivan and takes their kids to practices or a game, but not before stopping at Starbucks and ordering a tall decaf double-shot extra foam latte. In the U.S. a hockey mom/dad is one who sits in the stands get wasted on beer and picks a fight with either the zebra (the ref) or another parent. Trust me I've seen my fair share of these a-holes. That in the traditional sense and is the most common definition of the U.S. hockey parent. This also hold true for Canada as well, but in Canada their is another type. The wake up at 5am drag the kids out of bed take them down to the rink for practice while you look for anything that could be passed off as coffee, followed by a nap in the stands, then repeated daily. To more simple put it, hockey parent has two types of meanings, one trouble maker or devoted hockey parent. I seriously doubt Sarah Palin could possible refer herself to the latter type. The dedication needed would with put a doubt interfere with his responsibilities as Governor. and I'm not alone in this assessment, the majority of the hockey community does not have a favorable view of Sarah Palin. How do I know? During her V.P. run she dropped two game pucks for the NHL one in Philadelphia, PA, and another in St. Louis, MI. At both venues the overwhelming majority of fans either booed, turned their back, or threw beers on the ice. Why did they do this? Because see is not one of us, and she needs to stop acting like she is. Its offensive to all us hockey players and our real hockey parents.

Not one of us at all.

No comments: